New York Post
Page Six Puerto Rico Dream Vacation Sweepstakes
Terms & Conditions
April 23, 2018
PAGE SIX PUERTO RICO DREAM VACATION SWEEPSTAKES
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. ELIGIBILITY: PAGE SIX PUERTO RICO DREAM VACATION SWEEPSTAKES
(“Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the forty-seven (47) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding residents of Hawaii, Alaska, Rhode Island, overseas military installations, Puerto Rico and other U.S. Territories) who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Proof of residency and age may be required. Employees, officers, directors and representatives of (i) NYP Holdings, Inc. d/b/a New York Post (“NYP”) (“Sponsor”), (ii) SK Media Group, LLC d/b/a StyleCaster, Oyster.com (operated by Smarter Travel Media, LLC), New York Media, LLC d/b/a The Cut, Clique Brands, Inc. d/b/a Who What Wear (collectively, the “Promotional Partners”) and (iii) Serafina Beach Hotel (“Prize Provider”; Prize Provider, Sponsor and Promotional Partners, each a “Sweepstakes Party” and together the “Sweepstakes Parties”). Employees, officers, directors and representatives of each Sweepstakes Party, and each of its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, licensors and advertising/promotion agencies (for each Sweepstakes Party, its “Related Entities”) as well as immediate family members (spouse and parents, siblings and children and their spouses) and persons living in the same households of each of the above (whether related or not) are ineligible to enter or win a prize. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws apply.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, YOUR ENTRY MATERIALS, AS DEFINED BELOW, MAY BE INCLUDED IN SPONSOR’S COMMERCIAL MATERIAL, AS WELL AS AT SPONSOR’S WEBSITE OR SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS.
By entering in this Sweepstakes, you understand that you are submitting your information to the Sweepstakes Parties and you hereby waive, discharge and release the Sweepstakes Parties and each of their Related Entities from any and all liability associated with the Sweepstakes. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Sweepstakes must be directed to Sponsor.
HOW TO ENTER: To enter this Sweepstakes, entrants (each, an “Entrant”) will be required to follow the entry directions at https://sweepstakes.pagesix.com/puertorico2018/ between April 23, 2018 at 12pm EDT and May 11, 2018 at 11:59PM EDT. Use of automated devices is not valid for entry. The Sweepstakes Parties are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, mutilated or stolen likes or messages; printing errors appearing on any web pages, within these Terms and Conditions, in any Sweepstakes related advertisements or other materials; or other errors of any kind whether mechanical, human, electronic or otherwise. By entering this Sweepstakes, each Entrant is deemed to consent to participate in this Sweepstakes and for the Sweepstakes Parties to collect and share your email address and other information, for the purpose of administering this Sweepstakes and for other uses by the Sweepstakes Parties as permitted by applicable law. By entering in this Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees to abide by the terms of these Terms and Conditions, the privacy policies of the Sweepstakes Parties and to be opted-in to receive email communications from the Sweepstakes Parties as outlined on the signup form. The information you provide is subject to the following privacy policies:
GRAND PRIZE RANDOM DRAWING: All Entrants will be entered into a Grand Prize (as defined below) drawing on or about May 14, 2018 and one (1) Grand Prize winner (the “Grand Prize Winner”) will be randomly selected by Sponsor whose decisions in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes will be final and binding. Odds of winning depend on the total number of Entrants. The randomly selected potential Grand Prize Winner will be notified by email at the email address submitted during the entry process on or about May 14, 2018. Sponsor shall have no liability for any prize winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by the potential Grand Prize Winner for any reason. In such event, an alternate potential prize winner may be selected in accordance with these Terms and Conditions from among the remaining Entrants. On or about May 14, 2018, selected potential Grand Prize Winner will be sent (via email and/or other means determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) a Prize Verification Form together with a liability/publicity release for potential Grand Prize Winner (collectively, “Prize Verification Form/Release”). Selected Grand Prize Winner will be required to complete and return (as directed by Sponsor) the Prize Verification Form/Release to Sponsor so that they are received by Sponsor within seventy-two (72) hours of such document being sent (or other date as determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor). If the initially selected Grand Prize Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions, fails to claim the prize within 72 hours from the time Prize Verification Form/Release was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed Prize Verification Form/Release as required, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, such selected potential Grand Prize Winner’s Grand Prize may be forfeited and an alternate Grand Prize Winner selected in accordance with the Terms and Conditions from among the remaining Entrants. In the event the Grand Prize is forfeited, it may not be awarded. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the notification and Prize Verification Form/Release procedures in connection with the selection of alternate potential prize winner(s), if any.
4. ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: One (1) Entrant will be the Grand Prize Winner and receive (the “Grand Prize”):
Three (3) night stay for two at the Serafina Beach Hotel in Puerto Rico
Daily continental breakfast
One (1) dinner for two at aMare restaurant ($100 value)
One (1) bio-luminescent kayaking excursion for two in the Laguna Grande of Fajardo
$1,000 gift card toward the cost of airfare
The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize: $3,700.00. The Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for any and all expenses costs associated with the acceptance and use of the Grand Prize not expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions. Package to be valid for one (1) year from receipt by Sponsor of the Prize Verification Form/Release from the Grand Prize Winner based on availability. Blackout dates apply. The Grand Prize cannot be transferred or substituted for cash. Sponsor may substitute the Grand Prize with one of equal or greater retail value if the advertised prize is unavailable or cannot be awarded for any reason. The ARV of the Grand Prize set forth above represents Prize Provider’s good faith determination of the ARV thereof and the actual fair market value, as ultimately determined by Prize Provider, cannot be challenged or appealed by the Grand Prize Winner. Reporting and payment of any applicable federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. The Sweepstakes Parties make no warranty or guarantee in whole or in part, express or implied, in fact or in law, in relation to the use of any prize including, but not limited to, its quality, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or suitability for use and, further, accept no responsibility for any additional expenses, omissions, delays, re-routing or acts of any government or authority. If the Grand Prize is unclaimed, it will not be awarded.
5. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By entering in this Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and the decisions of the Sweepstakes Parties, which are final and binding in all respects and cannot be appealed. By Entering, each Entrant agrees and acknowledges that the Sweepstakes Parties and their respective Related Entities are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (i) telephone system, facsimile, technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections or transmissions, disconnections or other errors of any kind whether mechanical, human, electronic or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of registration; (ii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of registration or other materials; (iii) any injuries, losses, costs, expenses or damages to person or property of any kind caused, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by a prize or resulting from acceptance, redemption, possession, loss, use or misuse of any prize or from entering in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes related activity, or inability to participate in the Sweepstakes; or (iv) any printing, typographical, human, administrative or technological errors in any material associated with the Sweepstakes. In the event more prize winner notifications are issued, or more winning claims are received, than the number of prizes set forth in these Terms and Conditions due to computer, printing, seeding, human or other error or problem, a random drawing will take place from among all eligible prize claims for the prize at issue to award the proper number of prizes as set forth in these Terms and Conditions. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each Entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. No more than the number of prizes stated in these Terms and Conditions will be awarded. By accepting the Grand Prize, the Grand Prize Winner agrees and acknowledges that the Sweepstakes Parties and their respective Related Entities and any of their designees may, without limitation or further compensation, use Grand Prize Winner’s name, voice, biographical data, picture, likeness, city name and audio and/or video recording of him/her in any and all media now known or hereinafter devised, throughout the universe and in perpetuity, for the purpose of advertising and promoting the Sweepstakes, any other promotion, contest or Sweepstakes sponsored by the Sweepstakes Parties, or for any other promotional purpose, except where prohibited by law. Sponsor disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system related to or resulting from entering in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel or suspend this Sweepstakes for any reason. In the event that the Sweepstakes is modified, cancelled or suspended, notification of such event will be posted at https://sweepstakes.pagesix.com/puertorico2018/. Sponsor may prohibit an Entrant from entering in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants or any representative of any Sweepstakes Party. By entering the Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual, documented out‑of‑pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event will attorneys’ fees be awarded or recoverable; and (3) under no circumstances will any Entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and each Entrant hereby knowingly and expressly waives all rights to seek, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and/or any other damages, other than actual, documented out‑of‑pocket expenses, and/or any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. By accepting the Grand Prize, the Grand Prize Winner agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Parties and their respective Related Entities from and against any and all claims, demands, liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described) losses, costs or expenses, with respect to or arising out of or related to: (i) Entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes, and (ii) Entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of a prize (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s)). The Grand Prize Winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Sweepstakes or the use or redemption of the prize. In the event the Sweepstakes Parties and their respective Related Entities are prevented from continuing with this Sweepstakes, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes is undermined by any event including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute, or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state or local government law, order of regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within the Sweepstakes Parties’ and their respective Related Entities’ control (each a “Force Majeure” event), the Sweepstakes Parties and their respective Related Entities shall have the right, in their sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes without notice or further obligation. If the Sweepstakes Parties and their respective Related Entities, in their discretion, elect to abbreviate, cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes as a result of a Force Majeure event, Sponsor reserve the right, but shall have no obligation, to award the Grand Prize from among all valid and eligible Entrants up to the time of such Force Majeure event. The interpretation of these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the United States and the State of New York exclusively and solely by and within the courts of that state without regard to choice of law principles.
6. USE OF INFORMATION: The information provided by Entrants in connection with the Sweepstakes may be used for the internal purposes of each of the Sweepstakes Parties and to send Entrants information in the future about Sweepstakes Parties’ products, newsletters, and special promotions. The Sweepstakes Parties will not provide your information to other third parties except as necessary for the administration of the Sweepstakes or as required by law or legal process. For more information about each of the Sweepstakes Parties’ use of personal information, see their respective privacy policies at:
7. SPONSOR: NYP Holdings, Inc. d/b/a New York Post, 1211 Avenue of the Americas, NY, NY 10036.
8. NAME OF GRAND PRIZE WINNER/TERMS AND CONDITIONS To request the name of the Grand Prize Winner (available after May 14, 2018) or a copy of these Terms and Conditions send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Page Six Puerto Rico Dream Vacation Sweepstakes, c/o New York Post, 1211 Avenue of the Americas, 10th Floor, NY, NY, 10036. Please specify “Terms and Conditions” or “Winner List.” Requests must be received by July 31, 2018.Close Rules