- Your Entries
More from this user
THE CHASE YOUR HORIZON CONTEST
THE CHASE YOUR HORIZON CONTEST
THE CHASE YOUR HORIZON CONTEST
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. CONTEST IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (“D.C.”) WHO ARE TWENTY-ONE (21) YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. DO NOT ENTER THIS CONTEST IF YOU ARE NOT AT LEAST TWENTY-ONE (21) YEARS OF AGE AND CURRENTLY LOCATED IN ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES/D.C. CONTEST IS SUBJECT TO ALL FEDERAL AND STATE LAWS AND REGULATIONS.
THE HIRSCH WHISKEY CHASE YOUR HORIZON CONTEST
Sponsored by Hotaling & Co. (“Sponsor”)
1. ELIGIBILITY: The HIRSCH Whiskey Chase Your Horizon Contest (“Contest”) is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and D.C. who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Sponsor, Mariah Media Network LLC (“Administrator”), their respective parent companies, affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries, distributors, suppliers and advertising and promotion agencies, and all other service agencies involved with design, execution or fulfillment of this Contest, and wholesalers, suppliers, distributors and retailers of alcoholic beverage licensees, their employees or contractors, and members of the immediate families (defined for these purposes as spouses, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) or households (whether related or not) of any of the above foregoing are NOT eligible to participate. Contest is void outside of the 50 United States/D.C. and wherever prohibited by law. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding.
2. CONTEST ENTRY PERIOD: The Contest begins at 12:00:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on May 1, 2021 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on July 10, 2021 (“Contest Entry Period”).
ALL ENTRANTS MUST USE CAUTION AND COMMON SENSE IN CREATING THEIR ENTRIES. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, ENTRANTS AND ANYONE APPEARING IN THE ENTRY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT NEITHER SPONSOR, ADMINISTRATOR, INSTAGRAM, INC., THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, DIVISIONS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, DISTRIBUTORS, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND ALL OTHER SERVICE AGENCIES INVOLVED WITH THE DESIGN, EXECUTION, OR FULFILLMENT OF THIS CONTEST, NOR THEIR RESPECTIVE SHAREHOLDERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENCIES (COLLECTIVELY “RELEASED PARTIES”) WILL HAVE ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO BODILY INJURY OR DEATH, CAUSED BY OR IN CONNECTION WITH PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST. ENTRIES POSTED WERE NOT EDITED BY SPONSOR AND ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE ENTRANT AND THOSE THAT APPEAR IN THE ENTRY AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER.
Entrant further understands and agrees that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California (“Section 1542”) and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States that may be applicable with respect to the foregoing release are hereby expressly and forever waived. Entrant acknowledges that Section 1542 provides that: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS THAT THE CREDITOR OR RELEASING PARTY DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN THEIR FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, AND THAT, IF KNOWN BY THEM, WOULD HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED THEIR SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR OR RELEASED PARTY.” The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims.
Entry must conform to the following Entry Requirements to be eligible, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion:
Entry must be suitable for publication at Sponsor’s sole discretion. By submitting an Entry, entrant warrants and represents that such Entry is their original creation (a modification of an existing work does not qualify as original), entrant is the sole copyright owner of the Entry, that the Entry is true and verifiable, that the Entry has not been previously submitted to or entered in any competition or won any awards, and that entrant’s Entry and its contents do not violate any law, regulation or any right of any third-party, including, without limitation, the publicity, intellectual property or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or proprietary right. If the Entry contains any material or elements that are not owned by the entrant and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, the entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the Entry, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the use and exhibition of the Entry by Sponsor in the manner set forth in these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to request proof of these permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor from any entrant at any time. Failure to provide such proof may, if requested, will render the Entry null and void. By submitting an Entry, entrant and anyone depicted in the Entry represent that they consent to the submission and use of the Entry in the Contest and to its use as otherwise set forth herein. Except where prohibited by law, each entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Sponsor does not have now, nor shall it have in the future, any duty or liability, direct or indirect, vicarious, contributory, or otherwise, with respect to the infringement or protection of any copyright in and to entrant’s Entry. Winner will be disclosed in a winners list and Released Parties are not liable for any misuse of such winners list by third parties. Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized use of Entries by third parties. Released Parties do not guarantee the posting of any Entry. Entrants and anyone depicted in the Entry agree that they will not use the Entry for any other purpose, including, without limitation, posting the Entry to any online social networks, without the express consent of the Sponsor in each instance. Any Entry that does not comply with these requirements, in the opinion of the judges or the Sponsor, may be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to waive the Contest entry requirements set forth herein in its reasonable discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its reasonable discretion, during the Contest Entry Period, to request that any entrant resubmit their Entry which fails to comply with the Contest entry requirements prior to any judging period.
4. JUDGING: On or about July 17, 2021, a panel of judges appointed by Sponsor will judge entries received based on the following criteria: (i) quality and composition of the Entry (50%) and (ii) Originality (including how the Entry may inspire others to Chase New Horizons) (50%). The entrant who submitted the Entry receiving the highest score based upon the judging criteria set forth herein will be deemed the prize winner, subject to verification of their eligibility. In the event of a tie, the Entries involved in the tie will be re-judged by an additional judge who will serve as a tiebreaker and who will evaluate tied Entries using the criteria listed above. The decisions of the judges will be final and binding on all matters relating to the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right not to award the Prize, if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Entries.
5. LICENSE/USE OF ENTRIES: By submitting an Entry, entrant hereby grants to Sponsor a royalty free and fully paid up, irrevocable, worldwide perpetual license to edit, publish, use, adapt, exploit, and modify any Entry (and all elements embodied therein), including, without limitation the images, names, likenesses of any persons or locations embodied therein, in print, film, television, online including on Sponsor, Administrator, and third party websites or in any other media now known or hereafter devised, without compensation, notification, or permission from entrant, anyone appearing in the Entry.
6. PRIZE: One (1) Prize: Prize winner will receive a ‘glamping’ experience for two (2) (winner and one guest) through Under Canvas® (“Prize”). Winner may select the location of the glamping experience from among options available at www.undercanvas.com, subject to availability and Sponsor approval. Approximate retail value (“ARV”): up to $5,000. Actual value will depend upon the Under Canvas® experience selected and fluctuations. Winner’s guest must be at least 21 years of age. The Prize does not contain alcohol. Transportation to/from winner’s residence and Under Canvas® experience destination is not included. All travel costs are the sole responsibility of the winner and winner’s guest. Under Canvas® experience must be completed by July 17, 2022. Under Canvas® experience is subject to availability, blackout dates, and other restrictions. Winner must provide Sponsor a minimum of 45 days’ notice for booking. Released Parties shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by Under Canvas® or any other persons providing any prize-related services or accommodations. Sponsor is not liable for any missed prize events, opportunities or expenses incurred resulting from flight cancellation/delay or ground transportation delay. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any transportation or other prize element except at the sole and absolute discretion of Sponsor. Once a guest is selected by winner, he/she may not be substituted, except in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Unclaimed or forfeited prize will not be awarded. All taxes resulting from acceptance of the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution, transfer, or cash redemption of prize is permitted, except as expressly set forth herein by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value (at its sole discretion) for any reason. Any expenses not specifically stated herein, including but not limited to state and local government surcharges, taxes (including federal, state, provincial and local income taxes), any required transportation including air, other costs, and other expenses relating to the prize and the use or acceptance of the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. All prize details not specified herein shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Winner and guest agree to comply with all regulations related to the prize and imposed by Under Canvas®. Sponsor and Under Canvas® representatives reserve the right to remove winner and/or their guest who engage in a disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person or engage in any other objectionable behavior. Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied, in fact or in law, by Sponsor. All prize details are in Sponsor’s sole discretion. In no event shall Sponsor’s prize liability exceed the ARV of the prize for any reason.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential winner will be notified by Sponsor or Sponsor’s agent by email or Instagram’s messaging system and will be required to respond to that email or message with their complete name, address, phone number, email address, and date of birth within 72 hours of such notification or prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner (“Initial Notification”). Once a potential winner has responded with the above information to the Initial Notification, potential winner will be issued and required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, IRS W-9 Form, and a Liability/Publicity release within seven (7) days of the date the notification is sent. Guest of potential winner will also be required to execute a Liability and Publicity Release during this same time-period. If a prize notification email or message is returned as undeliverable, or prize is refused by a notified potential winner, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner. Failure by the potential winner to return the affidavit and the liability/publicity release within the time-period stated above will result in disqualification and the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner. All Entries become property of Sponsor and will not be returned. By accepting the prize, winner grants Sponsor and Sponsor’s agents, the right to use winner’s name and likeness in advertising, publicity and promotion on a worldwide basis, in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law. Sponsor is not responsible for technical difficulties with telecommunications systems beyond its control or for changes to potential winner’s email or mailing address. Potential winner may be required to demonstrate control of the Instagram® account associated with a winning Entry. If a winning Entry depicts individuals other than entrant, entrant may be required to assist Sponsor in obtaining signed publicity releases from all pictured individuals. If any prize or prize-related communication is returned as undeliverable, prize will be forfeited. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of Instagram® account, mailing address, e-mail address, and/or telephone number of entrants. Unclaimed or undeliverable prize may not be awarded. Failure by potential winner to respond to the email or message within the specified time-period, the return of a notification as undeliverable, noncompliance with these Official Rules, or Sponsor’s inability to contact potential winner within a reasonable time-period may result in forfeiture of potential winning status and the Entry receiving the next highest score during Judging will be deemed the potential winner.
9. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Neither Sponsor nor its agencies are responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), Website or other connections availability, accessibility or traffic congestion, or miscommunications, or failed computer, network, telephone, satellite, or cable hardware, software or lines, or technical failure, or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of Entry or other information or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information. Neither Sponsor nor it’s agencies are responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Website users, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, tampering with or hacking of Website, computer, network, mechanical, electronic, printing, typographical, human or other error or problem relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the announcement of the prize, the processing or judging of Entries or in any Contest-related materials. This limitation of liability is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all claims, including, but not limited to, loss of data, income, or profit; loss of or damage to property; and claims of third parties. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds may be tampering with the entry process or operation of this Contest or Website or may be acting in violation of the terms of the Website or may be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to threaten, abuse, or harass any other person. Any attempt to deliberately damage any Website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest may be unlawful and subject to legal action by Sponsor or its agents.
10. WINNER’S NAME: For the name of the prize winner (available after August 1, 2021, send a self-addressed, stamped, business size (#10) envelop by October 1, 2021 to #ChaseYourHorizonContest Winner, 400 Market St., Santa Fe, New Mexico 87501. Winner’s name will be sent after winner has been verified.
11. SPONSOR: Hotaling & Co., 550 Montgomery St, Suite 300, San Franciso, CA 94111
12: ADMINISTRATOR: Mariah Media Network LLC, 400 Market St., Santa Fe, New Mexico 87501.
Shortened rules for use in POS advertising:
ABBREVIATED RULES. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. Begins 12:00:00 a.m. ET on 5/1/21 and ends 11:59:59 p.m. ET on 7/10/21. Open only to legal residents of the 50 United States/D.C., who are 21 years of age or older as of the time of entry. Contest is void where prohibited by law. PRIZE (1): One (1) winner will receive one (1) Under Canvas® Glamping Experience for two. ARV: up to $5,000. Subject to Official Rules. For entry instruction and Official Rules, go https://www.outsideonline.com/2422033/meet-new-generation-modern-day-explorers. Sponsor: Hotaling & Co., 550 Montgomery St, Suite 300, San Franciso, CA 94111Close Rules