Featured photo entries for Thompson/Center's
Hunt Never Ends Photo Contest!
The Hunt Never Ends Photo Contest!
The Hunt Never Ends Photo Contest!
The Hunt Never Ends Photo Contest!
Thompson/Center Fall Photo Contest - We are excited to open a new season with the Hunt Never Ends photo contest. We are looking for the best hunting photography from you. To enter, post on your Instagram page, tag @TCarmsco, and use the hashtag #TCarms_PhotoContest.
If you don't have an Instagram account you can upload your photo here for a chance to win a prize package and have your entry be showcased on T/C Arms and participating companies social media pages. The winning photo will be selected by Thompson/Center's marketing team.
One (1) Whitetail Hunting Prize Package will be awarded in this Contest. The Whitetail Hunting Prize Package consists of the following items: (1) T/C Venture II Bolt-Action Rifle (caliber to be selected by winner) $525.00; (1) Vortex Crossfire® 114-12x44 Dead-Hold BDC $219.99; (1) Mossy Oak – Tech Half Mask $12.99; Pipe Brim Full Camo Trucker Cap $14.99; Performance Long Sleeve Tech ¼ Zip $29.99; Sherpa 2.0 Lined Jacket $79.99; Sherpa 2.0 Lined Pant $79.99; (1) OnX Maps Membership $100.00; (1) Leupold Katmai Sun Glasses $194.99; (1) Meat! 10 Tray Digital Dehydrator with Timer $249.99; (1) T/C Arms Accessories HP Neo Sling $19.99; (1) Primos Trigger Stick $138.99
IMPORTANT: THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH HEREIN CONSTITUTE THE OFFICIAL RULES GOVERNING THE CONTEST (“OFFICIAL RULES”). PLEASE READ THESE OFFICAL RULES BEFORE ENTERING THIS CONTEST. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU ARE ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST AND YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICAL RULES.
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR OTHER CONSIDERATION IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE IN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE THE CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS IS A CONTEST OF SKILL AND CHANCE PLAYS NO PART IN THE DETERMINATION OF THE WINNER.
2. SPONSOR; PARTICIPATING COMPANIES. Smith & Wesson Inc., 2100 Roosevelt Avenue, Springfield, Massachusetts 01104 USA (“Sponsor”). Companies participating in this Contest for purposes of providing certain items of the prize package are: Mossy Oak, Vortex, Leupold, OnX, Primos, T/C Arms Accessories and MEAT! (collectively “Participating Companies”).
3. DESCRIPTION OF CONTEST AND CONTEST PRIZE. The 2020 Thompson/Center #tcarms_photocontest (the “Contest”) encourages engagement on Sponsor’s Thompson/Center social media pages while promoting Thompson/Center™ brand firearms. Eligible contestants wishing to participate in the Contest must, during the Entry Period (defined below): (A) visit the official Thompson/Center Instagram account (@tcarmsco); (B) upload a photo featuring a hunting experience; (C) tag @tcarms in the post; and (D) use the hashtag #tcarms_photocontest in the post. The winning submission, as determined by the Sponsor in accordance with these rules, will be announced on or about December 11, 2020. The winner of the Contest will be awarded a Whitetail Hunting Prize Package as set forth below. Only one (1) prize package will be awarded to any one winner.
CONTEST PRIZE. One (1) Whitetail Hunting Prize Package will be awarded in this Contest. The Whitetail Hunting Prize Package consists of the following items: (1) T/C Venture II Bolt-Action Rifle (caliber to be selected by winner) $525.00; (1) Vortex Crossfire® 114-12x44 Dead-Hold BDC $219.99; (1) Mossy Oak – Tech Half Mask $12.99; Pipe Brim Full Camo Trucker Cap $14.99; Performance Long Sleeve Tech ¼ Zip $29.99; Sherpa 2.0 Lined Jacket $79.99; Sherpa 2.0 Lined Pant $79.99; (1) OnX Maps Membership $100.00; (1) Leupold Katmai Sun Glasses $194.99; (1) Meat! 10 Tray Digital Dehydrator with Timer $249.99; (1) T/C Arms Accessories HP Neo Sling $19.99; (1) Primos Trigger Stick $138.99
The total approximate retail value of the Whitetail Hunting Prize Package is $1666.90
The winning entry will be posted on the Sponsor’s official Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages on or about December 11, 2020. The final determination of the Contest prize winner is subject to Sponsor’s verification and investigation for compliance with all requirements of these Official Rules. The prize winner agrees to execute and deliver to Sponsor any additional documents that Sponsor may reasonably require to exercise its full rights and obligations under this Contest.
4. TERM. The Contest begins on October 19, 2020 at 12:00:00 a.m. U.S. Eastern Standard Time (“EDT”) and ends on December 4, 2020, 11:59:00 p.m. EDT (the “Entry Period”). Following the close of the Entry Period, the Sponsor will select one entry to win the Whitetail Hunting Prize Package. The winner will be contacted by December 11, 2020.
5. ELIGIBILITY. Individuals wishing to participate in this Contest must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age at the beginning of the Entry Period, and must be a legal resident of any of the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States and/or the District of Columbia (hereinafter “Contestants” or “you”). You must be able to legally own and possess a firearm in your state of residence. This Contest is not open to persons who are prohibited by any law from owning or possessing firearms, or to residents of states or jurisdictions where owning/possessing the firearm prize (or any part thereof) firearm is prohibited or restricted by law. Residents of U.S. territories and possessions. U.S. military installations or diplomatic stations in foreign countries, and all other locations not physically located within the 48 contiguous United States (such as Alaska and Hawaii) are excluded from this Contest. Additional eligibility requirements are set forth in these Official Rules. Contestants who disregard these Official Rules are not eligible to participate or win this Contest. Directors, officers, employees, contractors and agents (and their immediate families and household members) of the Sponsor, its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies or any other company involved with the design, production, execution or distribution of the Contest, and persons who were awarded a prize or received other promotional consideration from the Sponsor within six (6) months prior to the beginning of the Entry Period are also not eligible. All applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. The Contest is void where prohibited by law. The Sponsor's determination of eligibility and the of the prize winner, in its sole discretion, shall be final.
6. HOW TO ENTER. During the Entry Period: (1) visit the official Thompson/Center Instagram account (@tcarmsco); (2) upload a photo featuring a hunting experience (in accordance with the instructions and requirements set forth below); (3) tag @tcarms in the post; and (4) use the hashtag #tcarms_photocontest in the post.
There is no limit on the number of photo entries per Contestant during the Entry Period. However, automated or robotic entries submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below. All entries must be submitted before the end of the Contest Term to be eligible to win. Sponsor will not verify receipt of entries, and proof of submission will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor. Entry materials are automatically null and void if not obtained through the authorized channels or if any part is late, lost, stolen, incomplete, illegible or unintelligible, invalid, damaged, misdirected, or contains errors, and Sponsor is not responsible or liable in any way for such entries or errors. Sponsor is not obligated to notify a participant of a disqualified entry. Unless required by law, Sponsor is not required to review or respond to any correspondence received from a Contestant regarding the Contest.
Each entry must comply with the following requirements (the “Photo Requirements”):
NOTE: Sponsor will review all photo entry submissions for compliance with these Official Rules and Photo Requirements prior to posting for public viewing for this Contest. Any photo entry submission that, in Sponsor’s sole discretion and determination, contains inappropriate or unlawful content, or content that may be deemed: unsafe behavior or situations; defamatory, libelous, or disparaging of any product, service or person; threatening; violence; obscene, pornographic or sexually explicit; harassing; racially or ethnically offensive; unethical hunting practices or wanton waste; or otherwise does not comply with the Photo Requirements; will be deleted immediately and automatically disqualified from the Contest.
Each photo entry must comply with the following requirements:
If the subject matter of the photo includes a firearm, only Thompson/Center Arms firearms may be shown (all other brands of firearms are prohibited);
The photo, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material created by the Contestant. By entering the Contest, Contestant represents, acknowledges, and warrants that the submitted photo is an original work created solely by the Contestant, that the photo does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim, or interest in the photo. For photos in which a person is recognizable, you must be prepared to provide a model release from the subject or, in the case of a minor, a release from the parent or legal guardian (see Contest Materials; Licenses below);
Photos that depict other’s people’s work (such as sculptures, statues, paintings and other copyrightable works) must be accompanied by a release of the rights holder to Sponsor (see Contest Materials; Licenses below). When photographing the work of others, the image of the work must be as an object in its environment and not a full-frame close-up of the work alone; and
ALL APPLICABLE LAWS AND REGULATIONS MUST BE FOLLOWED; AND ALL RULES OF FIREARM SAFETY MUST BE FOLLOWED AND EXHIBITED IN THE PHOTO SUBMISSIONS. For guidance, see “Your Safety Responsibilities” section of any Thompson/Center firearm Safety & Instruction Manual that accompanies each firearm from the factory and is available free via download from www.tcarms.com.
THE ENTRIES REPRESENT SOLELY THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL CONTESTANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER. SPONSOR IS ACTING AS A PASSIVE CONDUIT FOR THE POSTING/PUBLICATION OF ENTRIES AND HAS NO OBLIGATION TO AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY IN CONJUNCTION WITH SCREENING, MONITORING OR REVIEWING THE CONTENT OF ENTRIES.
7. SELECTION OF THE WINNER. Sponsor shall in its sole discretion determine the winning entry. Photos entered into this Contest in accordance with these Official Rules and that meet the Photo Requirements will be judged on the basis of visual appeal (quality and clarity), creativity, and originality. The prize winner will be notified by private Instagram message. The prize winner must respond to Sponsor via email response, to the notification from Sponsor, with the prize winner’s name, address, phone number, and email address within ten (10) days of the direct private Instagram message from Sponsor to claim the prize. Prize winner must be legally able to own and possess the firearms prize and/or pass a firearms transfer background check (i.e., must not be a “prohibited person” under applicable laws). The firearm portion of the prize package will be awarded through a participating federally licensed firearms dealer retailer located in the state of the prize winner’s official residence and will not be shipped directly to the prize winner. Dealer firearm transfer fees and any background check fees are the responsibility of the winner. The other (non-firearm) items in the prize package will be sent directly to the winner from the respective Participating Companies. To be eligible to claim and receive the prize package, the prize winner(s) must follow the instructions contained in his or her notification and will be required to demonstrate eligibility in accordance with these Official Rules. Potential winners shall be required to complete, sign and return within ten (10) days following such notification (or an attempted notification), an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Publicity Agreement and Release, and other necessary documentation as may be required in these Official Rules or under applicable laws. Prize winner shall not, in the opinion of Sponsor, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, have engaged in conduct or speech that would tend to shock, insult, or offend the community or that would tend to diminish the reputation of Sponsor’s brands, bring Sponsor into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule, or reflect unfavorable on Sponsor or the Contest. If for any reason Sponsor is unable to contact the prize winner, or the prize winner fails to timely respond or is ineligible, the winner’s prize will be awarded in to another eligible Contestant selected by the Sponsor in its sole discretion.
8. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS. The prize package consists of the items specifically listed in these Official Rules only. Sponsor shall choose all components of the prize package in its sole discretion. The prize package (including all components and accessories) is subject to availability and may be subject to additional federal, state or local restrictions. No substitution or cash equivalent of the prize (or portion of any prize) will be granted except at Sponsor’s sole discretion due to unavailability of, or compliance restrictions concerning, a prize (or portion of a prize) for any reason. Any substitution by Sponsor of the prize or portion of the prize shall be made with an item of equal monetary value and/or comparable specification. For the firearm portion of prize package, Sponsor is responsible only for delivery of the firearm prize to a participating federally licensed firearms dealer located in the state of the prize winner’s official residence. The respective Participating Companies are responsible for the delivery of the other (non-firearm) items in the prize package directly to the winner. Sponsor and Participating Companies are not responsible for prize utility, quality or other attributes. The prize (or any portion of the prize) is not transferable or assignable to any other party.
9. CONTEST MATERIALS; LICENSES. By submitting a photo for this Contest, you grant to Sponsor and its affiliates, and each of their respective licensees, successors and assigns, a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, exclusive, freely transferable and sub-licensable, fully paid-up and royalty-free right and license to use, transmit, reproduce, copy, modify, publicly distribute, publicly display and prepare derivative works based on the photo(s) submitted, and all content, information, posting, communication, message or other materials (including your name, username, image or likeness) provided or submitted by you (collectively “Contest Materials”), in whole or in part, including all copyrights and other intellectual property rights therein in any and all media or form of distribution throughout the universe, for all or any purposes whatsoever, including without limitation promotional and external or internal uses, sponsorship or endorsement, consumer and trade advertising or marketing, other trade purposes, distribution and sales, and for web site, online, social media, or Internet usage. Subject to these Official Rules, you understand that all Contest Materials will be treated as non-confidential and nonproprietary information. Contestants consent to the Sponsor doing or omitting to do any act that would otherwise infringe the Contestant’s “moral rights” in their photo submissions. Display or publication of any Contest Materials on Sponsor’s website or social media sites does not indicate that the Contestant will be, or has been, selected as a winner. Sponsor will not be required to pay any consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with any use of any Contest Materials.
Additionally, each Contestant grants to Sponsor the irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide and unrestricted right and license to use their name, social media platform usernames, likeness, voice, persona, hometown, prize information and all statements made in connection with the Contest in all media now known or hereafter devised throughout the universe in perpetuity in any way Sponsor sees fit including, but not limited to, entertainment, education and promotional purposes. Sponsor will not be required to pay any consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such use.
If Contest Materials contain any images, material, property or other elements that are not owned by the Contestant and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, and/or if any other persons appear in the Contest Materials, the Contestant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the Contest Materials, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the exhibition and use of the Contest Materials in the manner set forth in these Official Rules without additional compensation. If any person appearing in any Contest Materials is under the age of majority in their state/province/territory of residence the signature of a parent or legal guardian is required on each release. Contestants shall provide evidence of any such releases, consents, licenses or permissions to Sponsor upon Sponsor’s request. Release forms for this purpose are available - HERE
10. PRIVACY. Participating in this Contest requires providing certain Personal Identifying Information to Sponsor. Sponsor collects Personal Identifying Information from all persons participating in this Contest (whether or not a Contestant is selected as a winner). This information consists of:
• Identifiers: Instagram account identifier (or “handle”).
• Internet Activity: IP address of the device used to submit entry information, language entry source and date of entry.
Consumer Directed Sharing: Participating in this Contest requires the sharing of your information with the Participating Companies as described below for the purpose of facilitating this Contest. The Sponsor and the Participating Companies will treat your Personal Information in accordance with their respective privacy policies, links to which are provided below.
By entering into this Contest, you agree that Sponsor and Participating Companies may also use your Personal Identifying Information to send you future marketing communications regarding the promotion of its products, offers, and events.
Opt Out: You may unsubscribe from the receipt of such marketing communications at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link on each email or in accordance with the process set forth below for the Sponsor and Participating Companies.
Additional Sharing of Winner’s Information: If a Contestant is chosen as a winner, their first name and last initial, city and state, will be shared on a publicly available winner’s list from Sponsor, or as required by law.
Right to Know: You have the right to request that the Sponsor and Participating Companies disclose what personal information it collects, uses, discloses, and sells (if applicable). You may make this request by contacting the Sponsor and Participating Companies using the contact information (telephone or email) provided below. You may also designate an agent to make a request on your behalf by submitting a written request and designation of agent to the Sponsor and Participating Companies. In either case, in order to verify your identity you will need to provide the Sponsor and Participating Companies with a copy of a valid government-issued identification which contains information that accurately corresponds to the information you provided in the submission of your entry into this Contest. The Sponsor and Participating Companies will verify the information on the copy of the identification provided against the Contest entry information provided.
Right to Delete: You have the right to request that the Sponsor and Participating Companies delete personal information they collect, use, disclose, and sell (if applicable). You may make this request by contacting the Sponsor and Participating Companies using the contact information (telephone or email) provided below. In order to verify your identity you will need to provide the Sponsor and Participating Companies with a copy of a valid government-issued identification which contains information that accurately corresponds to the information you provided in the submission of your entry into this Contest. The Sponsor and Participating Companies will verify the information on the copy of the identification provided against the Contest entry information provided.
No Discrimination: You have a right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of the privacy rights conferred to you under applicable data protection laws.
What to do with any questions or concerns: email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call toll free 1-800-331-0852.
How long is Personal Identifying Information retained: 3 years.
For any questions or concerns about the Participating Companies’ privacy policies please use the contact methods provided below:
How to OPT OUT of the processing of information
What to do with any questions or concerns
How long is the information retained
See - Information We Collect
Toll free: 800-285-0689
See – 5. Retention of Personal Information
How to OPT OUT of the processing of information
What to do with any questions or concerns
How long is the information retained
See – 2. Information Use
Toll free: 844-363-5386
See “How Long Do We Keep Your Information” in AOB’s legal policy
Toll free: 844-363-5386
See “How Long Do We Keep Your Information” in AOB’s legal policy
11. TAXES / FEES. All taxes or incidental expenses (including transfer fees) are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Rights to the prize are not transferable. Except as provided herein, the prize may not be substituted or redeemed for cash or other consideration. The prize winner will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 to Sponsor before any prize can be delivered.
12 ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE WINNER. The prize winner will be publicly announced, and the winning photo will be published, via Sponsor’s official Facebook®, Twitter®, and Instagram®* pages and otherwise on its websites on or about December 11, 2020, subject to verification of the prize winner’s eligibility and other requirements under these Official Rules. For the first name and last name initial of the prize winner, please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Sponsor at the following address:
Smith & Wesson Inc.
Attn: 2020 Thompson/Center #TCARMS_PHOTOCONTEST
2100 Roosevelt Avenue
Springfield, MA 01104
Vermont residents may omit return postage. Requests must be received within sixty (60) days of December 11, 2020.
13. NO SPONSORSHIP BY FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Inc.; Twitter, Inc.; or Instagram, LLC.
14. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. The Contest is void where restricted or prohibited by law or regulation.
15. CHANGES TO OFFICIAL RULES, CANCELLATION. Sponsor reserves the right to change the Official Rules, or suspend or cancel the Contest at any time without further obligation or liability.
16. DISCLAIMER; INDEMNIFICATION; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information associated with or utilized in the Contest, including but not limited to any printing or typographical errors in any Contest materials, or for any technical or human error, which may occur in the processing of entries in the Contest. Sponsor has no liability or responsibility for any Contestant’s participation in or attempt to participate in the Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained as a result of Contestant’s or any other person’s participation in or attempt to participate in the Contest, or to such persons’ computer equipment, smart phone or mobile device resulting from any submission or participation or attempted submission or participation in the Contest. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any incomplete, misdirected, late, or lost entries, or any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, garbled or corrupted data transmitted, inaccessibility of any entry website or social media platform, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries, or entry data, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic or Internet connectivity or other online or telephone network communication problems, errors or limitations of any Internet, social media platform, or telephone service providers, servers, hosts or other providers, failure of any online transmissions to be sent or received, or traffic congestion on the Internet or any entry website or social media platform. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, then Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. In the event that proper administration of the Contest is prevented by such causes as contemplated above, Sponsor will pick the prize winner from all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to such action.
By participating in the Contest, each Contestant, for himself/herself and on behalf of any other person appearing on a photo submitted by Contestant in connection with the Contest agrees that Sponsor, the Participating Companies, Facebook, Inc., Twitter, Inc. , and Instagram, LLC, and their respective officers, managers, members, directors, shareholders, employees, representatives, licensees, and agents, affiliated companies, and their collective respective successors or assigns, (collectively, the “Released Parties”), shall not be liable for any personal injury, death, loss or damage of any kind or any other causes of action or claims (including without limitation claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy) related to or arising out of this Contest, the Contestant’s participation or attempted participation in the Contest, any Contest-related activity, use of the photo submitted with the entry, or acceptance or use/misuse of the prize awarded, or any portion thereof, or while traveling to, or preparing for any Contest-related activity. By participating in the Contest, each Contestant agrees to release and discharge, and hereby releases and discharges, for himself/herself and on behalf any other person appearing on the photo, the Released Parties from any liability arising from or related to the Contest, including without limitation, liability arising from or related to claims for personal injury, death, property damage, or claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
Each Contestant agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any loss, damage or expense (including court costs and attorneys’ fees) that any or all of them may suffer or incur as a result, directly or indirectly, of, or in conjunction or connection with Contestant’s participation in the Contest, any Contest-related activity, use of the photo submitted with the entry, receipt, acceptance, use and/or enjoyment of the prize awarded, or any portion thereof, and/or any breach or alleged breach of any warranty or representation made by contestant in connection with the Contest.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, SHALL SPONSOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF PROFITS OR HARM TO BUSINESS OR REPUTATION, ARISING OUT OF YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST, USE OF ANY PHOTO PROVIDED BY YOU, POSTING ON OR ACCESS AND/OR DOWNLOAD OF ANY MATERIALS OR INFORMATION FROM ANY WEB SITE OWNED, OPERATED OR CONTROLLED BY SPONSOR OR ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES OR AFFILIATED COMPANIES, OR ACCEPTANCE OR USAGE OF A PRIZE OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, AND INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DAMAGE TO PROPERTY AND, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DAMAGES FOR BODILY OR PERSONAL INJURY, EVEN IF SPONSOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSS. YOU AGREE THAT THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF SPONSOR ARISING OUT OF ANY KIND OF CLAIM (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE) CONCERNING OR RELATED TO THIS CONTEST SHALL NOT EXCEED $1.00. LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY ARE SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS.
17. DISQUALIFICATION. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or operation of any aspect of the Contest; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules or any applicable laws or regulations; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Robotic, automated, programmed, or computer generated entries or mechanical reproductions are prohibited, and any use of such devices or entry methods will cause disqualification. Any attempt by any individual to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operations of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law and, where applicable, to disqualify such person from the Contest. Sponsor also reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to immediately disqualify and remove any Contest Materials for which Sponsor receives any complaints that such Contest Materials violate any right of privacy or any other intellectual property right; or at any time Sponsor determines any Contest Materials are in violation of these Official Rules or any applicable laws and regulations. Sponsor will be the sole judge of all matters relating to the implementation and Official Rules of this Contest.
18. GENERAL. By entering this Contest, you represent and warrant that: (a) you have read, understood, agree to, and will follow these Official Rules; (b) you agree to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor; (c) you are eligible under these Official Rules, and any Contest Materials submitted by you comply with these Official Rules; (d) you are the creator of any Contest Materials that you submit; (e) the Contest Materials you submit were not previously published or the winner of any other award of any kind; (f) the Contest Materials you submit do not infringe or violate the rights of any third party, including but not limited to, copyrights, trademarks, logos, contract and licensing rights, rights of publicity or privacy, moral rights, or any other intellectual property rights; (g) the use, exhibition, or exploitation of the Contest Materials you submit by Sponsor or any of its affiliates or agents will not require them to pay or incur any sums to any persons; and (h) you obtained all permissions necessary in connection with the Contest Materials submitted and, upon request, will provide those permissions to Sponsor in a form acceptable to Sponsor. In the event any Contest Materials submitted do not comply with the foregoing, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any such submission or Contest Materials, at any time. You may be subject to verification and investigation before being awarded any prize. This Contest shall be governed by Massachusetts law.
By participating in this Contest, you agree that, except to the extent prohibited by applicable law: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action and Massachusetts state courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute or litigation arising from or relating to this Contest and that the exclusive venue shall be in Springfield, Massachusetts; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be subject to the Limitation of Liability provisions of these Official Rules, but in no event shall there be a claim or award of attorneys’ fees or costs; and (3) under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain, and you hereby waive all rights to claim, any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
If any one or more provisions of these Official Rules are held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability shall not affect the validity, effect or enforcement of any other provision or provisions of these Official Rules. The failure of Sponsor to comply with any provision of this Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, terrorism, fire, riot, and earthquake, actions of governmental authorities outside the control of Sponsor or other force majeure event shall not be considered a breach of these Official Rules.
Any question or dispute about the identity of any Contestant entry made via Instagram will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the Instagram account used to submit the entry. For purposes of these Official Rules, an authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to an Instagram account by Instagram. The potential Contest winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the Instagram account associated with the winning entry.
© 2020 Smith & Wesson Inc. All rights reserved. Thompson/Center™ and associated T/C® logo(s) are trademarks of Smith & Wesson Inc. Facebook® is a trademark of Facebook, Inc.; Twitter® is a trademark of Twitter, Inc.; and Instagram® is a trademark of Instagram, LLC . Any other trademarks used in this Contest and these Official Rules are the property of their respective owners.