2020 Winter Recreation Photo Bonanza
2020 Winter Recreation Photo Bonanza
2020 Winter Recreation Photo Bonanza
Get a Free T-Shirt and Enter to Win a Float Coat!
Get a free t-shirt by entering and you may win a float coat in a drawing that will take place on February 28, 2020. The float coat is a U.S. Coast Guard approved size 2XL life jacket. To enter it is as easy as 1-2-3.
1) Snap a photo of yourself wearing a life jacket during the winter.
2) Submit your photo and include why you wear your life jacket.
3) Include your mailing address, and shirt size - Large (Navy), Extra Large (Navy), or 2XL (Grey).
To enter you must be 18 or older and a resident of the United States. Photos and stories become public domain and are not subject to any copyright.
2020 Winter Recreation Photo Bonanza!
1. Sponsor: Winter Recreation Photo Bonanza! (the "Contest") is sponsored by The Corps of Engineers Natural Resources Education Foundation, doing business as The Corps Foundation, 404 E. 30th Ave, North Kansas City, MO 64116 (the “Sponsor”). The Sponsor is responsible for all aspects of the Contest. Participation in the Contest constitutes the participant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules, and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest.
2. Eligibility: This Contest is only open to participants who are legal residents of the United States, and who are 18+ at the time of entry (the “Entrant”). The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law, rule, or regulation.
3. Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on Jan 13, 2020 at 9:15 AM and ending Feb 26, 2020 at 11:59 PM (the “Entry Period”). All online entries must be received by Feb 26, 2020 at 11:59 PM . All times are (GMT-5) Eastern Time (US). Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible. Sponsor’s computer is the official timekeeping device for the Contest.
4. How to Enter: The Contest must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided on this site. The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of The Corps Foundation. You may enter only once and you must fill in the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple e-mail addresses, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of The Corps Foundation.
5. Qualifying Submissions: 1) Snap a photo of yourself wearing a life jacket during the winter. 2) Upload your photo using Viral Sweep and include the reason why you wear your life jacket 3) Include your mailing address and shirt size - Large (Navy), Extra Large (Navy), or 2XL (Grey).
6. Judging: The sponsor of this contest will randomly by drawing select a winner for the main prize from all entrants.
7. Prizes: The approximate retail value of the Stearns, size 2XL boating flotation jacket prize is $165. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution permitted. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for The Corps Foundation to use winner's name, likeness, and entry information for purposes of promoting life jacket wear without further compensation.
8. Winner Notification: Winners of the Contest will be notified through social media, by phone, and via e-mail to according to the information they entered into the Contest within five (5) days following the winner selection. The Corps Foundation shall have no liability for a winner's failure to receive notices due to winners' spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners' provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 15 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR'S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
9. Rights Granted by you: By entering this Contest you understand that The Corps Foundation, anyone acting on behalf of The Corps Foundation, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation,your name, portrait, picture, likeness, image, statements, and town and state where you’re from in your Contest entry, as news, publicity or information, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation. NOTE: Entrant’s phone number is only used to contact the winner.
10. Terms: The Corps Foundation reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, The Corps Foundation may judge submissions from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by The Corps Foundation. The Corps Foundation reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions.
The Corps Foundation has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, The Corps Foundation reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. By entering the Contest you agree to receive email newsletters periodically from The Corps Foundation. You can opt-out of receiving this communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
11. Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless The Corps Foundation and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant's participation in the contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries.
12. Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF UNITED STATES AND MO, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in MO having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winner: The winner will be announced at PleaseWearIt on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. The winner will also be notified via email. For the name of the winner, please contact us at PleaseWearItNews@gmail.com and in the body of the email type "Please e-mail me the name of the winner for The Corps Foundation's Contest."
14. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to the owner of this Contest and not to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.Close Rules