- Your Entries
Virginia State Parks First Day Hikes 2021
Few will be sorry to see 2020 go, so let's get some fresh air, exercise and celebrate 2021 with our traditional First Day Hike photo contest. It's a free parking day and all of our parks have special guided or self-guided opportunities to safely get outdoors to start the New Year right.
Basic Contest Information:
All photos must be taken at a Virginia State Park on Jan. 1, 2021. Photos must be uploaded to the official contest site https://vasp.fun/FDHphoto2021 between 7 a.m. and 11:59 p.m. on Jan. 1, 2021. An individual may enter up to 3 photos during the contest period. Note: All photos must be entered as part of one contest entry (or the contest site may block additional entries). If photos are taken at more than one park use the photo title to specify which park each photo was taken in. We reserve the right to disqualify any photograph that depicts inappropriate or illegal behavior (including breaking any rule or regulation) or that staff determine not to be taken on the specified dates or at a Virginia State Park. Photographs cannot include watermarks.
Anyone is welcome to enter the contest. However, any prize involving an overnight stay must be awarded to an individual that is at least 18 years old (so an adult will have to claim a prize won by a minor). Prizes are subject to tax.
Once awarded, prizes are not transferable and may not be converted to cash value.
The individual submitting the photograph warrants that it is their original work. Photographs entered in the contest may be used by DCR which includes Virginia State Parks, local tourism offices, the Virginia Film Office, Virginia Tourism Corporation, Virginia state agencies and any other entity DCR deems appropriate in promotional publications, websites, advertising, editorial, advertorial, press kits, video multimedia, social media, the official Virginia state roadmap and any other use DCR deems appropriate at no additional cost to DCR. The photographer warrants that he or she has a photographic release from any individual clearly visible in the photo and will provide it upon request.
All decisions as to disqualification or determination of a winner are final. Virginia State Parks will make every effort to contact the winner via the email address provided. Any prize not claimed within 90 days will be forfeited (this does not mean the prize needs to be used).
Employees of the Virginia Department of Conservation and Recreation as well as their immediate family may not enter the contest. Virginia State Parks marketing staff will judge the photographs based on how well they advertise what our Virginia State Parks have to offer. All decisions are final.
Grand Prize: $500 Virginia State Parks gift certificate
1st Place: $250 Virginia State Parks gift certificate
2nd Place: $100 Virginia State Parks gift certificate
3rd Place: $75 Virginia State Parks gift certificate
Virginia State Parks reserves the right to provide multiple winners in each category.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to those who sign up at the sweepstakes page located at https://vasp.fun/FDHphoto2021. There is no age restriction for contest entries. However, any prize involving an overnight stay must be awarded to an individual that is at least 18 years old (so an adult will have to claim a prize won by a minor). Employees of the Virginia Department of Conservation and Recreation as well as their immediate family may not enter the contest. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Virginia State Parks, as final and binding as it relates to the content. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
3. Sweepstakes Period: Entries will be accepted online on Jan. 1, 2021, only. All online entries must be received by Jan. 1, 2021, 11:59 p.m. EST.
4. How to Enter: The Sweepstakes must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided on this Sweepstakes site, located at https://vasp.fun/FDHphoto2021. The entry must fulfill all sweepstakes requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Virginia State Parks. You may enter up to 3 photos during the contest period. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Virginia State Parks.
5. Prizes: Winners will receive list prizes/approximate retail value. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Sponsor’s discretion. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Virginia State Parks to use winner’s name and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Winner selection and notification: Winners will be selected by Virginia State Parks marketing staff based on photographs deemed best advertise and promote Virginia State Parks, it facilities and offerings. Winners will be notified via email to the email address they entered the Sweepstakes with within seven (7) days following the conclusion of the contest. Virginia State Parks shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to winners’ spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information.
7. Rights Granted by you: Photographs entered in the contest may be used by DCR which includes Virginia State Parks, local tourism offices, the Virginia Film Office, Virginia Tourism Corporation, Virginia state agencies and any other entity DCR deems appropriate in promotional publications, websites, advertising, editorial, advertorial, press kits, video multimedia, social media, the official Virginia state roadmap and any other use DCR deems appropriate at no additional cost to DCR.
8. Terms: Virginia State Parks reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, Virginia State Parks may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken. Virginia State Parks reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Virginia State Parks has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by sweepstakes rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Virginia State Parks reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
9. Limitation of Liability: By entering, you agree to release and hold harmless the Department of Conservation and Recreation and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in the sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Virginia State Parks, 600 E, Main Street, 24th floor, Richmond, VA 23219.
13. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, Pinterest, LinkedIn or Google. You understand that you are providing your information to the owner of this sweepstakes and not to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, Pinterest, LinkedIn or Google.Close Rules